Chennai Super Kings Best Players had let CSK lift the IPL title thrice in 2010, 2011 and 2018.
The Chennai Super Kings is Chennai, Tamil Nadu based IPL cricket franchise. Founded by India Cements in 2008 – CSK is captained by M.S.Dhoni and coached by Stephen Fleming. The team was however banned for two years 2016-2017 regarding betting controversy but came back after two years in 2018.
The Chennai Super Kings has the highest win percentage among all teams in the IPL 61.28%. CSK also holds the records of most appearances in the playoffs – ten and the Final-eight of the IPL.
Chennai Super Kings have also won the Champions League Twenty20 in 2010 and 2014. The brand value of the Super Kings in 2019 is estimated to be around Rs732 crores, making them the second-most valuable IPL franchise after Mumbai Indians.
Who is the Best Player of Chennai Super Kings?
Suresh Raina is the best player of Chennai Super Kings. He is the highest scorer of Chennai Super Kings – 5638 Runs; he has played almost every match of the franchise.
Over the years plenty of international and domestic players have in their rank but if we have to pick the top 3 there are many who can assert their claim for the top spot. Players like Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Suresh Raina have been there since the inception of IPL back in 2008, when it comes to Chennai Super Kings best player you can throw in names of players like- Faf du Plessis, Dwayne Bravo and Ravindra Jadeja.
The Chennai Super King Best Players are countless so we’ll be separating the players into three categories:
- Top Three Chennai Super Kings Best Players – Batting (According to IPL Stats)
- Top Three Chennai Super Kings Best Players – Bowling (According to IPL Stats)
- Top Record holders of Chennai Super Kings – ( According to IPL Stats)
Top Three Chennai Super Kings Best Players – Batting
1) Suresh Raina
The top spot of Chennai Super Kings best player for batting belongs to Suresh Raina. The 34 year Raina is arguably among India’s finest T20 batsmen and also regarded as one of the best fielders in world cricket.
Raina has been the most reliable batsman of Chennai Super Kings who has played every match of the franchise.
His best overall score in all seasons is 100*. In 193 matches and 189 innings, he scored a total of 5368 runs at an average of 33.34 with a strike rate of 137.14 with one century and 38 fifties. The total number of 6s he scored is – 194 and 4s- 493.
2) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
The second spot belongs to the King of IPL – Mahendra Singh Dhoni, a right-handed batsman and wicket-keeper. MS Dhoni is one of the greatest captains that the Indian cricket team or the IPL has ever had.
Dhoni has played 174 matches as captain, overall he’s standing at number six in all season’s record but for CSK he is at second.
Read More Visit:- Dhoni Highest Score in IPL History
Dhoni’s best overall highest score in all seasons is 84*. In 204 matches and 182 innings, he scored a total of 4632 runs at an average of 40.99 with a strike rate of 136.75 with 23 fifties. The total number of 6s he scored is – 216 and 4s- 313.
3) Shane Watson
Australian Right-handed batsman Shane Watson is considered one of the most influential white ball all-roundels in this era. He is one of the two players to score a century and take a hat-trick in the IPL along with Rohit Sharma.
Watson is the second batsman and the only overseas batsman in the history of IPL to score a century in the final. Watson previously played with Rajasthan Royals and Royal Challengers Bangalore but in 2018 he joined Chennai Super Kings.
However, Watson has not been with CSK from the start but his stats make him grab the third spot in Chennai Super Kings Best Player.
Shane Watson’s best score is 117*. In 145 matches and 141 innings, he scored a total of 3874 runs at an average of 30.99 with a strike rate of 137.91 with four centuries and 21 fifties. The total number of 6s he scored is – 190 and 4s- 376.
Top Three Chennai Super Kings Best Players – Bowling
1) Piyush Chawla
The 32 years old Chawla is one of the finest bowlers of Chennai Super Kings, he joined CSK in the year 2020 and proved to get the first spot in Chennai Super Kings Best Player based on his overall stats of all IPL season. In 164 matches and 163 innings, he took 156 wickets. His best bowling innings is 4/17, with a 7.87 Econ, 27.32 Average and Strike Rate of – 20.83.
2) Dwayne John Bravo
Who doesn’t remember DJ Bravo – Champion song, a 37-year Trinidadian Cricketer Bravo, a genuine all-rounder, he bats right-handed and balls right-handed at a medium-fast pace.
He is famously known for his aggressive batting and Death Bowling which makes him Chennai Super Kings Best Player.
A 2 times Purple Cap winner, from 2011 he is with Chennai Super Kings ( 2 years in Gujarat Lions because of CSK suspension) – In 140 matches and 137 innings he took 153 wickets. His best bowling innings is 4/22, with 8.40 Econ, 24.81 Average and Strike Rate of – 17.72.
3) Harbhajan Singh
A Padma Shri awarded 40 years old Harbhajan Singh also commonly called as bhajji has played all formats of Cricket. He is a spin bowler with the second-highest number of Test wickets by an off-spinner. In 2018 he joined the Chennai Super Kings family.
However, he didn’t play in IPL 2020 due to COVID 19, according to stats in 160 matches and 157 innings he took 150 wickets. His best bowling innings is 5/18, with 7.05 Econ, 26.44 Average and Strike Rate of – 22.49.
Top Record Holders of Chennai Super Kings Best Players
Chennai Super Kings Best Player – Batting Stats
- Most Runs: Suresh Raina (5369 runs)
- Most Centuries: Suresh Raina (2 centuries)
- Most Fifties: Suresh Raina (37 fifties)
- Fastest Fifty: Suresh Raina (16 balls)
- Fastest Century: Murali Vijay (46 balls)
- Best Batting Average: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (42.20)
- Best Strike Rate: Shane Watson (139.53)
- Most Sixes: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (209 sixes)
- Most Fours: Suresh Raina (493 fours)
- Highest Individual Score: Murali Vijay (127 runs)
- Highest Batting Partnerships by Wicket: Murali Vijay, Michael Hussey (159 runs)
Chennai Super Kings Best Player- Bowling Stats
- Most Wickets: Harbhajan Singh (150 wickets)
- Best Economy: Rahul Sharma (7.02)
- Best Bowling Figures: Ravindra Jadeja (5/16)
- Best Bowling Average: Doug Bollinger (18.72)
- Most Maidens: Harbhajan Singh (6 maiden overs)
- Most Runs Conceded: Mohit Sharma (58 runs in 4 overs)
- Most 4 Wickets: Ravindra Jadeja (3)
- Most Hat-tricks: Shane Watson, Makahya Ntini and Lakshmipathy Balaji (1 each)
- Most Dot Balls: Harbhajan Singh (1249 balls)
Chennai Super Kings Best Player – Team Stats
- Highest Team Total: 246/5 (against Rajasthan Royals on 3 April 2010 at Chennai)
- Lowest Team Total: 79 (against Mumbai Indians on 5 May 2013 at Mumbai)
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni was bought by the Super Kings for $1.5 million at the 2008 players’ auction. He was the most expensive player in the IPL until 2009
- Dhoni has played 174 matches as captain – the most in the history of IPL
- MS Dhoni has inflicted 38 stumpings which are also the most by a wicket-keeper in IPL.
- MS Dhoni has smashed 209 sixes in IPL so far, most by an Indian batsman
- The vice-captain of the team from 2008 to 2015 Suresh Raina holds IPL records such as most Orange caps, most runs and most catches.
- Australian batsman Michael Hussey has the best batting average for the Super Kings. He was the first batsman from the Super Kings to score a century in the IPL
- Murali Vijay, who played for the team from 2009 to 2013, is the first Indian batsman to score two centuries in the IPL.
- Super Kings Spinner Ravichandran Ashwin has the third-best economy rate in IPL – 6.53